Not receiving complete text message
Ginger1498

I am not receiving a complete text message.  I'm hoping there is a setting that I need to adjust to allow a longer text message to be received.  I can get about 10 lines then it just cuts if off as if that was the complete message.  It does not present the missing portion as a second message.  Anyone know how to fix this?  Galaxy S8 plus

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving complete text message
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Send the message to the MMS email address Phonenumber@vzwpiz.com. To send via the SMS email requires the message to be limited to 160 characters and no special characters.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you have the person send it as a MMS message instead?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ginger1498

I could do that but what I'd like is to be able to receive a complete text message sent from a computer to my Samsung S8.  A partial message with no indication it is a partial message is not working for me.

Thanks

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Send the message to the MMS email address Phonenumber@vzwpiz.com. To send via the SMS email requires the message to be limited to 160 characters and no special characters.

0 Likes
Ginger1498

That’s it Ann154. I obviously got only the first 160 characters. Thank you so much for helping me understand the limitations. Much appreciated.

Ginger

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ginge1498, I am happy that Ann154 was able to properly clarify requirements. Does this answer all your concerns regarding messaging?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes