Not receiving texts from Sprint IPhone
TinaMMarino
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son has an Iphone with Sprint.  He receives my texts but I don't receive texts from him.  We can both call each other with no problem.

I don't know of any other person - with any other carrier - that I can't receive texts from.

I don't have him blocked.

Please advise.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving texts from Sprint IPhone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, TinaMMarino. We certainly want to ensure you are able to get texts from your son and are here to help. Do any of his other contacts have issues receiving his texts? StanleyC_VZW

0 Likes
TinaMMarino
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi

Thanks for replying!  According to him, I'm the only one not receiving his texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TinaMMarino, can you please confirm the make and model of the device you are using? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
TinaMMarino
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Samsung S10+

0 Likes
TinaMMarino
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting - we have found my son's texts to my husband are received.  My husband is on my same Verizon plan - his phone is Verizon LG V20.

I've checked all my settings and can't figure out why I can't receive his texts???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting me know. When he sends you a text message, does he receive any type of error, or notification? AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
TinaMMarino
Enthusiast - Level 2

No error message.  The texts appear to go through.

The only way he knows they didn't is because I call him to ask why he's not responding to me!  He then emails me screenshots of all the texts he sends me.  They never come through on my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. When he sends you a text message, does he receive any type of error, or notification? Which type of text application are you guys using?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Every detail helps. Can you please check if a block was also accidently placed for his number?

1. From the Home screen, tap the Messages icon.
  2. Tap Menu > Settings > Block numbers and messages > Block numbers.
  3. Manually enter number and tap the + (plus sign) or choose from INBOX or CONTACTS.
  4. When finished, tap the back arrow.

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes