Not receiving verification texts since switching to verizon
Greywind1983
Enthusiast - Level 1

I switched over from t-mobile to verizon a couple of days ago and upgraded to a Galaxy S22 Ultra, i haven't been able to receive any verification texts since. Have reset phone and everything else i can think of, please help 😞

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not receiving verification texts since switching to verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Greywind1983, Welcome to the Verizon family, and I apologize for these hiccups that you are experiencing.  I rely on getting short code and verification messages all the time.  Especially from Verizon and my banks.  I am here to help and we will get to the bottom fo this.  Can you confirm if you are just not receiving verifications from Verizon or is it all types of texts from shortcodes, like from a bank, credit card company, etc?  Does this happen with only specific verification texts?  When you turn WiFi off are your calls, texts, and data working properly?

-Santo

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving verification texts since switching to verizon
Greywind1983
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im getting all the verizon messages so its just 3rd party messages, and i have been out of town so i wasn't even using wifi so it wasn't that and yes it's shortcodes from both my banks but ill receive the text saying they will be sending the code (my bank sends 2 messages, 1 to say they are sending a message and then the message with the code) the message with the code never arrives. And im not having any issues with phone calls or other text messages to other people, that is working great and i only lost signal once while i was traveling and on the phone 🙂

0 Likes