Not receiving voice mail notifications on Samsung S5
STACHR38
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not receive a notification that I have a voice mail on my Samsung S5.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving voice mail notifications on Samsung S5
bearone21
Legend

settings/lock screen/notifications....select which you want notifications from!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STACHR38, we know how important it is to be in receipt of your messages as you receive them. I welcome the opportunity to assist you with your Voicemail inquiry. When it comes to voicemail notifications, you can receive an alert sound and the voicemail icon in your status bar at the top of your display screen. If you're not receiving the sound, please go into your Phone app and choose the 3 dots to select Settings>Call>Alert Sound. To ensure you're receiving the status bar notification, go into your main Settings app and then Applications>Application Manager and scroll down to Voicemail and click on it. Please make sure the Notifications option there shows Allowed and that the option to Hide notification on Lock Screen is turn off. I hope this information helps. 

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STACHR38
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply, but I am afraid that the above does not resolve the problem.  I have also received error code 9007 and 9001 messages on my phone, if that helps.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STACHR38, 

We understand how important your notifications are for you. Let's get some additional details. When did this problem begin for you? Have there been any changes to your phone? Are you using the standard Voicemail or Visual Voicemail?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STACHR38
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello - this problem has been going on for 6 - 8 months.  There have not been any changes to my phone other than the usual updates.  I am using the standard Voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STACHR38, we want to ensure that you do receive those important messages once again. These error codes do tend to appear when the power saving mode is on. Please go to Apps, Settings, Power Saving and turn this feature to off. Let us know if this resolves these notifications.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STACHR38
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Power Saving mode and Ultra Power Saving modes were already set to off.  Unfortunately that did not solve the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details, STACHR38. To confirm, are you currently accessing your voicemail by dialing *86? If you go into your apps folder, and tap the Voicemail icon, does the same issue continue to occur if you utilize the free visual voicemail option? (not the premium option)

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
STACHR38
Enthusiast - Level 2

I access my voicemail by clicking on the voicemail icon.  If I click on the voicemail icon I have to hit the refresh button to receive any new voicemails.  I do not know how to access the free visual voicemail (I was not aware that it existed).

0 Likes