Not receiving voicemails immediately
JONOAK73

I am not receiving all my voicemails immediately. They appear hours after the call has been received. Do I need to have mobile data on to see them? I have basic visual voicemail on a Samsung 6.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving voicemails immediately
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JONOAK73, I know the importance of getting messages quickly. I'd be more than happy to help troubleshoot what is happening. We do want to have Mobile Data turned on, so you can receive your voicemails. If it is currently off, please switch it the data back on. You can do that with these steps included in the link here,
http://spr.ly/6580DrpRE Let us know how that works, are you experiencing any other issues besides the voicemail?

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving voicemails immediately
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The short answer to your question is YES. The cellular data connection is needed for the voicemail application to retrieve and verify any voicemail waiting on the server.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes