Re: Note 7 to S8
Agermaine87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree...how is it legal to charge me for service when they took it away?? I just got the 3 day extention at least, glad I saw your comment about that just been using it when I had wifi before

rcschnoor
Legend

Agermaine87 wrote:

Did verizon cut off your service on your note 7? Just happened to me last night and now they still want to charge me for service they REVOKED from me!

This is a bit of a stretch. Your service was not revoked, your phone was disabled. You can activate a different phone on your line in order to access your service, something you had been instructed to do for quite awhile now. That you had not done so in the several months since the Note 7 was recalled is your own fault.

rcschnoor
Legend

TSARYTSIN wrote:

Cut me yesterday, no notice.

Really? I saw a post from you in this thread from over 2 weeks ago which indicates you WERE aware Verizon was sending out an update to brick the phone. That is 2 weeks of "notice" on top of the months of "notice" since the recall was issued. Not sure how much "notice" you need.

Agermaine87
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can exit this conversation, nobody asked for your opinion. Guessing you work for lovely Verizon or are a goody two shoes. Either way don't waste your time telling me anything I could care less to hear

0 Likes
Agermaine87
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phobe didn't get bricked! It works perfectly fine... Verizon messed with service, totally different

0 Likes
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Glad you got the 72 hour stay of execution as well. Looks like the end of

the road though.  Did they disable your messaging?  I am having to use fb

messenger or something else temporarily. Unreal how these [Removed]

handled this. This phone is no more of a problem than several others,

including the iPhone that had self emolated all over the planet, with no

concerns whatsoever from Apple or the big couriers. [Removed]

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Agermaine87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can use the phone normally until the 72 hours are up. Then going to switch to an old phone until the s8 comes out (I read in april) I totally agree, if this thing hasnt had any problems now I'm sure it's fine. I keep it on the charger most of my day at work and nit once does it get even remotely warm. Id rather deal with Samsung on this is their problem not Verizon's

TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

This reply wins the internet today... Verizon Support, "we are here to

help you".. do what? Reactivate his Note7 and leave him alone? I rant that

deal too...

On Feb 10, 2017 5:01 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Agermaine87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want my device to work perfectly too! But you guys think it's fun to take away service on my phone and still charge me for it! I'm not trading in this phone until a newer Samsung model is released.  I dont appreciate the useless options Verizon has for me. I'm about done with you guys and will be transferring to two lines I have to sprint

0 Likes
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Want! I want that deal too. I want my device to work perfectly,  which it did until Verizon shut  it down