Notifications delayed & not opening apps - S7
sabrinafaire
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few weeks ago I started having problems with notifications on my phone. Notifications pop up are sometimes delayed. Sometimes they reappear after I've dismissed them. And if I tap them to open the app, sometimes the app won't open until hours later. I've tried rebooting and even factory reset, but nothing has changed. I have a Galaxy S7 that's fully up to date.

0 Likes
Re: Notifications delayed & not opening apps - S7
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sabrinafaire, I can see how missing notifications and not having apps open would be a critical problem. I'd like to look into your phone issues more in depth, especially since a factory data reset has been done. Please reply to the message I have sent to your inbox.

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you ever cleared the cache partition?

Shut the phone off

Hold the Volume up - Power - Home button at the same time.

Once the phone is in recovery mode use the volume down to

highlight clear cache partition and press the power button

It will ask you next no or yes use the volume down to say yes

press power again then just restart the phone.

This will not change any of your settings it just clears the phone

of old files that it does not need anymore.

0 Likes
sabrinafaire
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kathy, I haven't, but wouldn't a factory reset do the same thing?

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

No unfortunately it does not clear the cache out of the phone. It would be nice if it did but it is separate from the factory reset. This partition is like the trash bin on a computer you have to empty it separately. This partition holds all the old files that are pushed there after updates. Someone at Samsung explained it to me that it could slow the phone down on response time. It will not change anything in your phone settings it just makes more room on the phone and is different then clearing the cache in settings-storage.  

0 Likes