Nougat update forcing unwanted auto responder while driving
danabrown
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since that TERRIBLE nougat update, my phone no longer allowing text messages to come up on car display. Instead, any incoming text messages automatically get sent a rude message that says "I'm driving, sent from My Car".

I have checked settings, cannot find any way to shut off or change message. Yes, I did go into do not disturb mode -  nothing  there to fix this. This is just one of a slew of problems with stuff not working, and being unable to change things after the update.

I HATE this new update. Thinking about going back to iPhone, at least it will work with my new $30k car. I dont want to keep a cheap phone that ruins the features of my new car. Worked fine before update. Any ideas to fix this out there?

0 Likes
Re: Nougat update forcing unwanted auto responder while driving
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Which program are you using for your txt messaging? It sounds like there has to be a way to change that message in your car settings

since it is saying that it was sent from your car. What kind of car are you driving? I would talk to the dealer and see if there is a way to change the response from the car

0 Likes
danabrown
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the stock "Message" app that came with phone. Same one I've always used all along, and it worked with my 2015 Nissan Altima just fine. It was the day I updated to Nougat it started. It never did it before. Nothing to do with car, but rather the new upgrade interface. Or, Nougat will just no longer allow text messages when Bluetooth is hooked up. I was sitting stationary with car in "Park" in a parking lot with engine running, a text came in with no notification sound and an auto responder was sent on my behalf, "I'm driving - from my car".  Wasn't even driving as car was in "park".  No option to deny or stop it.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I never knew how bad things changed after this update. I have not used this option since the nougat update but just from your question I found a lot of people that are in the same boat as you are. Are you able to go in and edit your quick responses because from what I have been reading some are not able to do this since the last update. However when I go into my settings on messages I am still able to add new quick responses

to my list. I have read where some people have said that they don't even have this option anymore I hope you find a solution to this problem and if you do can you please come back and let us know how you did it Thanks

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7/772748-s7-nougat-update-ruined-my-phone.html

0 Likes