Number of missed calls no more
KATMUR59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the android 7.0 update in March, I no longer get the little number badge showing the number of missed calls next to the phone icon. This was very useful and I would like to get it back. I still get the one for voice mails so why not missed calls? Every time you have an update something always gets broke. I can't stand it.

Re: Number of missed calls no more
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATMUR59, we want to make sure you can see how many calls you missed.  We are here to provide troubleshooting assistance.  What is the make and model of your phone?  Are you still able to see your missed calls in your call log?

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KATMUR59
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung S7 SM-G930V with Android 7.0. Yes I can see missed calls in the call log. Just that the number of missed calls used to show up in a little bubble next to the phone icon and now it does not.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it, katmur59. I know this indicator is a great one to have on your phone for missed calls. Since you have been experiencing this issue, have you powered the phone off and then on again? If not, please do so now. Then check your settings in the Notification Settings tab from the pull-down menu at the top of your phone to ensure that phone icon is set to on. Please keep us posted with the outcome.

TakendraW_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KATMUR59
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have powered the phone off and on multiple times to no avail. Yes the phone icon is set to on in the Notification Settings. I have tried setting it to off and then back on but that had no effect ether.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KATMUR59, we know how it hurts when a software update ends up making a change to a feature you were using prior to the update. Thank you for being willing to try steps to get back to where the phone showed the actual number of missed calls. There is one other step we can recommend, and that is to reset the phone app. Here are the steps: Please click on the main settings app.  Look for App Manager (or Apps then App Manager, varies by device) and click on it.  Find the phone app in the list, and click on it.  Click on Storage, then on Clear Data.  Okay the warning, then click on the Force Stop and again okay the warning.  Head back to the main screen and power the phone off.  Wait 30 seconds and power back on.

If this issue still persists, we recommend reaching out to Samsung. This is a link to their page on the S7:  http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/galaxy-s7-verizon

We appreciate your business here at Verizon Wireless. Please let us know what happens.

GeorgeS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Beppino46

I have an old Galaxy Stellar that I have had for a little over 4 years.  For the past 3 or 4 weeks it has been showing 1 missed call on the phone icon but there are no missed calls.  I have looked all over for a way to clear this but have not been able to find anything.  I am sure someone will suggest just getting a new phone but I am retired and on fixed income and this phone does everything I need so I don't want to lay out the amount of money that new phones cost now.

0 Likes