OTA update available but unsuccessful
JP_Nelson
Enthusiast - Level 3

My S6 says the 6.0 update is available OTA, but says update unsuccessful.  Error Code: 411.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OTA update available but unsuccessful
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the newest software update is exciting. Let me get you the great news! You are now able to download the software update for your device. Just click here for steps:http://vz.to/23laZ6P  Happy updating!
KatrinaN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
darksear
Enthusiast - Level 3

Error code 411 usually means that the item your looking for can't be found.  I'd think it was a April Fool's prank if some people hadn't said they've received it already.  Probably an overloaded server(s).  Wait a couple of hours and try again.  If it still gives you that error repeat until it does or until you hear that it's officially been pulled.  That's what I've been doing.  You know.  After I factory reset my phone.

0 Likes
ZepGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is what I was just told in chat with Verizon:

"We have had a couple other customers chat in with the same issue (in the past 10 minutes) and we did confirm with Samsung that the Marshmallow update is on hold right now because of some bug fixes. They do not have an estimated time for the release of the update yet but once it is known it will become public."

....Pretty frustrating when we've been waiting for months to get the update. Then to have it given to us then yanked away all on April Fool's Day.

charlesh7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ultimate April Fool's Joke on us!

darksear
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let's wait until we hear something official.  After working in a call center for 4 years you would be amazed at the rumors that actually make it out to the public.

0 Likes
charlesh7
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I was in a chat with support and they had me do a factory reset and that didn't fix the problem.  So they had me contact Samsung support.  Samsung didn't even know there was an update.  All they said to do was send my phone in for repair (which has a turn around time of two weeks).  I am NOT sending my phone in.  I don't have a landline and this is my only phone.

0 Likes
Pattycake801
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not an April Fool's joke because I was able to download the update on my phone earlier today. my son, however, got the same 411 error on his phone when he tried. Could be overloaded servers.

0 Likes
Benjamin420

Is it worth downloading? Newer isn't always better. 🙂

0 Likes
darksear
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah.  A Samsung rep wouldn't know about the release.  It could be that Verizon jumped the gun and released the update early on accident.  Everyone was reporting that the update had the date of 4/2 on it.

larrykim
Enthusiast - Level 1

So maybe at midnight it will work?

0 Likes