Old emails
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past month or so, I keep receiving old emails that I have deleted in the past. This only occurs on my Samsung Galaxy III, not my home computer. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Old emails
bearone21
Legend

are you syncing the email account?

0 Likes
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am syncing the account.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

remove the account, then recreate it.

0 Likes
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I followed you suggestion. When I recreated the account, the same thing occurred. I received old emails dating back to 11/13.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

are these coming in as new emails or do they have  11/13 dates?

have you selected to leave mail on server?

0 Likes
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

The emails do have their original dates received and I have selected for them to remain on the server.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is pretty strange, RetiredTrooper.
Do you have the latest software version on the device?
Is this in regards to a personal email account?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RetiredTrooper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have the latest software update.This problem has occurred before and after the software update. The email account is a personal one through Comcast.

0 Likes
will19380
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem since upgrade to 4.3. Get notifications that I have 12, 55, 112, etc emails. Go to email and find maybe one or two emails. Evidently 4.3 can't count the number of emails. and yes, upon the advice of VZW tech, did delete all date and cache in email apps. Then had to reinstall all the email accounts. Did not cure the problem. Though it seems upon investigation related to pop accounts such as Comcast uses. Even not leaving messages on server does not change this behavior. BTW there are too many problems with the VZW version of 4.3 to recommend it to anyone, including the latest have to have geeks. Even the world's best experts can't figure out the problems with this version. And after over three hours with VZW and Samsung support, they know very little. Good luck. Probably going to roll back to 4.1.2 - at least it worked. Although I do like the new email layout better.

0 Likes