Oreo on Samsung S7 edge
GOPSHA98
Enthusiast - Level 1

When do we expect Oreo on Samsung S7 edge?

Re: Oreo on Samsung S7 edge
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check with Samsung.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

shortly after you start hearing about oreo being available on your friends phones!!

HARSHO134
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is responsible for releasing the update after they add in all the Verizon specific software.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GOPSHA98,

We understand the importance of wanting to have the benefits of getting a software update on your phone as soon as possible. Since the updates are released at different times for different devices it is possible to see some phones go a while without receiving an update. At this time we have no ETA on when Oreo will be released for the S7 Edge but you can check here https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ for updates.

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

HARSHO134 wrote:

Verizon is responsible for releasing the update after they add in all the Verizon specific software.

Wrong. Verizon Wireless doesn't touch the code. Any software updates for Verizon Wireless apps are provided to the manufacturer for incorporating into the base code which is done by the manufacturer. Once testing is complete and approved by all the partner companies (Bluetooth, wifi, cpu manufacturer, carrier), then and only then is the update scheduled to be released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JANDSM96
Enthusiast - Level 2

Big Red kinda dropped the ball on this one. My s7 edge should be running Oreo according to the latest update.  But it's not. Refer to the links below for more information.

Verizon promises Oreo update for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge but does not deliver

Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JANDSM96, we know how important it is to have accurate information and the right expectations for the updates on your device. We’ve just sent you a Private Message to discuss this matter further. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You know I kinda can't wait for Oreo but with all the problems others are have with the update on the S8 and Note 8 I think we are probably lucky that they didn't push it out yet. I hope it is because they are waiting to get ALL the bugs out before they send it out to the S7 and the S7 edge.

soco1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're probably right! But patience was never my strong suit! Lol