Oreo update - email sync and notifications?
REBC27
Enthusiast - Level 1

S8 updated to Oreo yesterday, now my email accounts don't sync and I don't get any notifications of emails anymore.  They only sync when I click the email app and it opens .  What is the fix for this?  I need my email notifications!

Re: Oreo update - email sync and notifications?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you restricted the background data? Have you removed the email accounts and set them up again?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
REBC27
Enthusiast - Level 1

Email is not an app listed in background processes, and why should I have to delete and re-set up my 8 email addresses after an update??  It's the app that is not working properly by syncing or notifiying me of new emails! 

Anyone else having this problem??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

REBC27, I understand how important it is to stay connected with emails. At times, deleting the email and setting it back up on the phone resolves issues with syncing. To ensure we get to the root of the issue, I do have a few questions. Have you removed and set up the email again on the phone? What type of email address are we working with? (Yahoo, Google, etc.) If able, please locate settings > backup and reset and tap reset settings. This will reset all settings back to default except security, language, and account settings. Thus, personal content like contacts, pictures, etc. will not be impacted. Please keep us posted on the result of this step as well as the removal and set up of the email.

JaimeG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANBELL30

im having the same issue... so disturbing

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANBELL30, it's very important to have your emails work like you expect them to. I know that you mentioned that you're having the same problem, but please describe what you're experiencing. How are you accessing your email? Does this happen with one email account or many?

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you have to go into each & every setting & re-do how you want it.....some items may not be changeable!!

0 Likes