Oreo update issues
Lobout

After oreo update all of my screen layout settings, and folders get reset to default after a reboot, which I have to do quite a bit more since the update.  Applications will freeze, cell reception drops out even when I still show full signal.  Please fix this as it makes the phone useless

0 Likes
Re: Oreo update issues
bearone21
Legend

after a major update you need to go back into each area & make sure it's set how you want.

one of the monthly updates changed my ring tone!!

apps may not work with the update, check with developer or ask on google!!

0 Likes
Lobout

I am aware of that.  I have been using android devices since 1.0.  My apps all support the release, they are freezing due to the loss of network connectivity even when I have full access.  Phone has been rebooted several times, cache cleared, etc.  All the normal steps one takes when updating to a new OS version.  This does not explain why after every single reboot of the device all of my screen layouts, folders, everything get reset back to the factory defaults.  This is some sort of bug that needs to be addressed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are not supposed to make your phone worse Lobout. I am sure we will figure out what is going on. I know you are having several issues and we will work on one issue at a time since they all require different troubleshooting steps. What is your zip code? Is anyone else having service issues? How are you voice calls?

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lobout

So the fix, which i was not really happy with as it causes a lot of work is to do a factory reset.  Once I did this and reinstalled all of my applications everything appears to be working properly now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, Lobout. We understand the factory reset is not ideal when it comes to troubleshooting, however, in most cases it does resolve the issues you may have with your device. We are so glad to see your screens/layout stays the same after a reboot. 

Tamara_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes