Oreo update on S7 battery draining
vikster5
Enthusiast - Level 1

After the Oreo update on my S7, the battery began to quickly go down, even with no use.  After clearing the cache, checking phone health, making sure no background apps were running, I have found that the Gear VR Service is running all the time, using up the battery.  I uninstalled the Oculus apps and as many Gear VR products as I found several months ago because I do not (and will never) use the app.  The service cannot be stopped or disabled.  This is a big problem.  How can I get the Gear VR Service to stop using the battery?

One other problem after the update is that my phone can no longer connect to all the Wifi networks that it had previously connected to with no issues.  Reboots, forgetting the network have not fixed the problem.

I am less than delighted with the Oreo update and need a fix fast!

0 Likes
Re: Oreo update on S7 battery draining
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A factory default, if not already attempted, might help. Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates are always meant to bring improvements to your device. Where do you see that the Gear VR is running? Any damage on the phone? Any other apps listed draining your battery?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

When you go into the battery usage what in there does it say that is using the power up?