Oreo won't let me transfer files
atamer

Ever since the Oreo update, I have been unable to transfer files from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to my PC; Windows 7. I have restarted the phone and the PC. I have gone into my phone's settings under Connections and turned on Phone Visibility, but whenever I try to transfer files, I still get "Window Explorer is not responding" or a message that the device isn't working. I have gone into Disc Management on the PC and my phone is not listed.

Please help.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Oreo won't let me transfer files
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you pulled down the notification shade and changed the USB mode from charging to file transfer?

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Re: Oreo won't let me transfer files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your content safe is certainly important. I would be glad to help get to the bottom of the issue you are experiencing trying to transfer your content from your phone to your PC. As tiki bar1 referenced, are those the steps you have taken to transfer your content to your PC? Aside from the update on the phone, has anything changed with your PC? 

Jaime_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes