Outgoing text not working
Mav21

I just switched to Verizon from sprint. My wifes phone wont send out text but it receives. Spoke to port department and tech support no luck. I thinking of switch companies again now. How can we fix this? My phone works fine. Their s9+ phones with no damage n no issues b4 this switch.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Outgoing text not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mav21, we're glad to have you as a part of our VZW family. We want to ensure that all of your services are working properly. We just need some additional details. How long has it been since you've ported your services over? It can take up to 5 days for the messaging tables to route from the prior carrier so we do not file a ticket for a SMS issue unless it's been more than 5 days. Did you provide your own equipment or obtain new phones?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Mav21

It's been 2 weeks. Still not working. Tickets been filed but haven't heard from anyone. Horrible service!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Two weeks is far too long for your wife's' messages to be missed. Let's take a closer look into this together. What specifically happens when your wife tries to send a text message? Does she receive any error messages? Which text message application is she using? TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
Mav21

It says "failed". Using message +.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate these details. Can you please try using the standard messaging app? Not the Messages+ app? We would like to see if it is the app, or the network. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Mav21

Switched messaging app. Still not sending. Says faild to send message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, could you tell us if Port Department confirmed that the port was completed? Are the other services working?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
Mav21

It was partially ported. Then my wife couldn't recieve or make calls. I contacted port department n they finished the port. Calls work now but not text outgoing. I feel like the phone needs to be ported out n back in again fully to fix this issue. Everything else works tho. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mav21, thanks for those additional details. Have you completed a factory data (erase) of the phone since you ported to us?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes