Re: Persistent security notices after upgrade to Android 4.3
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Julian_G wrote:

Can I ask you a few questions about your setup:

(1) Did you factory reset after the upgrade?

(2) Are you signed in to your samsung account?

(3) Did you download Knox? Did you create an account?

(4) Are you using wifi? (This problem appears to only happen when on wifi)

1. Not yet. Hopefully this weekend between everything else I need to do.

2. What Samsung account. Seriously I don't need another login to remember so I never created one.

3. Knox is still a shortcut in the app drawer. So no on both questions.

4. Yes I use wifi. I use the Starbucks wifi on occasion and don't remember if I got some message when connected to it. I definitely didn't get an error on my home wifi network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

Julian_G wrote:

2. What Samsung account. Seriously I don't need another login to remember so I never created one.

4. Yes I use wifi. I use the Starbucks wifi on occasion and don't remember if I got some message when connected to it. I definitely didn't get an error on my home wifi network.

Regarding your # 4 ... you did receive an error, according to this thread (😞

0 Likes
furyswrath

Same thing here. .  I did a Complete Factory Reset, and Even Cleared the Cache Partition. 

Still Same thing every time it switches from Wifi to Mobile and Vice Versa.   Also having trouble connecting to Wifi at work as we have to use the Juniper Juno's Pulse VPN app to access the Wifi. 

Hopefully a fix comes soon as it is super annoying.

And Both my Wife and I both have noticed a DRASTIC change in Battery drain.  Normally Take the Phone off the Charger around 6am and it will last us all day.  Past 2 days, neither one of us can get past about 7pm before hooking it up. 

We are ok with that, its just why is it draining more than it used too.  You would think Battery useage would be better instead of worse.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tikibar1 wrote:

Ann154 wrote:

Julian_G wrote:

Regarding your # 4 ... you did receive an error, according to this thread (😞

Re: Wi-fi issue after 4.3 update

I did say I didn't remember if I got a message on the Starbucks Wifi. I know I definitely haven't seen on my home network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

borg_cube wrote:

There are threads over numerous android sites today reporting this problem. It was reported a month ago as well when the overseas SGS4's were updated. Apparently neither Samsung nor Verizon cared to fix the problem short of requiring a complete factoy reset and clean install of all user apps as is being reported on most sites.

I did a live chat with Samsung technical support today. Its one of those sessions where the person on the other end isn't a technical expert and just has various scripts to try. This is the script they suggested I try this evening:

1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery)

2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key

3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key

4. When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.

5. Navigate witth the Volume keys to the WIPE CACHE/PARTITION reset option and press the Power key to select

6. After user data deletes, press teh Power key to reboot system now.

I assume this will wipe all my apps and data? Anybody know the difference between this and just selecting a factory reset from the settings menu?

The wipe cache won't delete your applications and data.

0 Likes
Angel26551

I refuse to do a factory reset.  I just installed all of my apps on my new phone.  I must get an alert every hour or so.   I no sooner  cancel it when another one pops up.   I did also notice that my battery wears out much quicker.    I hope Verizon is working on eliminating this annoying feature.    Get rid of Knox.  I am not installing it either.

0 Likes
echo-3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a factory wipe and it has stopped all the stupid KNOX security crap. As far as re-installing all my apps Google did that as soon as I logged in. Not a big deal at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Angel26551,

I hear you! I know this the pop-up is a bit frustrating. We currently have two ways that will stop this pop-up from occurring.  The first way is to clear the application cache. This will disable it. If you power cycle your phone, the error will reappear. The other way to to disable it is when the pop-up appears click on Update Policy, accepting should stop the pop-up.  Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Angel26551

I have not had any frustrating pop ups in the last couple of days.   All of a sudden the persistent security notices have stopped.  I cant tell you how many times I have clicked on the updated policy to be told that i was up to date and the notice reappeared.   Now it is gone!!!      Dont know why, dont care. 

0 Likes
mrskarenvw

I've been having the same issue.  Went on Samsung's site today and followed the directions, but it's already set up the way they tell me to do it.

0 Likes