Phantom/Ghost calls
LOUPON
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently upgraded from the galaxy s5 to the galaxy s7 about a week ago, kept the same number as before and transferred all my apps/data from the old phone to new phone. Roughly a day ago I started to receive calls from random numbers, I usually don't answer numbers I don't know but after receiving a few within a day, I decided to answer. So when I answer these calls people ask who I am and say I have the wrong number. Now I haven't even called anybody from my phone for the past week but keep receiving more and more phone calls from random people saying I've been calling them. Anybody else have this issue or know what to do to fix it?

Re: Phantom/Ghost calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely a strange set of events LOUPON. We want to be sure your new phone is working the way it should. Are these calls showing in your outgoing calls when you check the call logs on your device? Are you having any issues with text messages or data usage on the new phone?

RashadM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KelbyW

It seems that I have also been having this same problem recently. The numbers redialing me do not show on my outgoing log; however, the man I spoke to today said he received a missed call from my number.

0 Likes
jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee
KelbyW,

We definitely don't want you to have this issue. That would be quite frustrating. Let's find a solution. When did this issue start for you? Did anything change on your device?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes