Phone calls not coming in
ASchive
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) Has anyone had problems with their S6 not receiving calls? My phone will not ring, and will not show a missed call on some calls. It seems to be if I am on the internet, or when I talked to the store a couple months ago, they said if two people are calling at the same time it will block both because it "can't comprehend and pull one of the phone calls. It could also be because your phone isn't connecting to the towers so make sure to restart it every day." (Something like that) It was better for a while but now all of a sudden I have people telling me they have tried to call me at least 2 or 3 times.

2) Has anyone had problems with their phones telling you the wrong time? Since daylight savings (the end of October) my Fiance's phone has been consistently telling him his phone is an hour ahead, and mine started doing it a week ago. It will show the right time after restarting it, but it is going to interfere with one of our jobs sooner or later and I am not sure how to make sure it doesn't keep doing that.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone calls not coming in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASchive,

We definitely want to make sure you receive all your calls. We're definitely here to help figure this out. Are you aware if you have Advanced Calling enabled on your device? Do you notice that this happens in specific locations or is it everywhere? Is the other user on the account experiencing similar issues?

AdVZW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ASchive
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have advanced calling activated. The other user doesn't have the same problem. (Except the clock being wrong. We are both experiencing that.) It is all over, not just a specific place.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s get to the bottom of this and have both issues resolved, ASchive. One thing that will certainly help with the time-zone issue is removing the SIM card and this can be completed on both devices. Here are the instructions listed here: http://vz.to/1IwdHA8 This can be processed and then we can put the SIM cards back in both devices after about 1 minute has passed and power the device back on. This will allow the devices a fresh connection to the local towers. In addition to helping with the time-zone issue, this will help with the calls as well. If you can further test after this has been completed we can then further assist if necessary. Also, do you know if the calls that are not being received are from a specific contact or does this happen across the board no matter who is calling?

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lydieloo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have been having the issue with not receiving calls sense I got the s6  last Friday. I have had "calling feature"  reset- that worked for a few hours. I've been told to restart my phone throughout the day -I shouldn't have to restart my new phone numerous times a day to hopefully get a call to come through.    I replaced the SIM card last night and was receiving calls until about 6 today. Now the problem is back.

ASchive
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is from everyone, not a specific person we took the sim cards out last night, but I haven't really had anyone call me since.

0 Likes
ASchive
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lydieloo, I know that's what they told me when I went to the store back in August when we got the phones. I was like uuuuhhhhhh ok....... but we will see if this "reset" will work.

0 Likes
Lydieloo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has it still been happening?  It happened to me once last night and again today...that i know of.

0 Likes
ASchive
Enthusiast - Level 2

As far as I know, I have missed one or two calls. But people have just stopped telling me when they have to try multiple times, so I am not sure if those are the only ones for sure. As far as the time problem my fiance hasn't complained about his phone being wrong, and mine hasn't switched. So we will see if the problems stays away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASchive, please keep us posted to be sure this took care of the issue. We are always just a click away.
RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes