Phone dead after 4.3 update
GZ99

Update was easy and trouble free. Phone worked great for 12 hours, then I plugged it in to charge overnight. Woke up to a dead phone that is warm to the touch and non-responsive. Black screen of death. Now it won't turn on. Anyone else having the same problem? Anything I can do to fix it or am I stuck with buying a new phone?

0 Likes
Re: Phone dead after 4.3 update
Kindermiles

I am having a similar issue. I did the update, plugged my phone in this morning to charge, and now it is non-responsive. I only have a black screen. I have tried removing the battery, resetting the device by pressing all 3 buttons.... no change.

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

This is a result of the phone not charging from the latest S4 update.  Verizon broke all phones.  NONE CAN CHARGE when phone is off.  This is a HUGE BUG-  I think Verizon owes us all new phones ASAP-  I am going to report this to the internaltional blog and get some traction on the news.

0 Likes
pinkfloydfan123
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to me as well.  I called Verizon Technical Support and they could not answer my questions.  So, they pawned me off to Samsung.  During my discussion with Samsung they tried to pawn me back off to Verizon.  Needless to say it didn't go over very well with me.  In the end I had to send my phone back to Samsung for a re-flash.  My phone works now but I can not connect my S4 to my PC (the USB is not recognized).  Seriously?

0 Likes
Phone dead after 4.3 update
sethmcohen
Enthusiast - Level 2

SAME ISSUE.  I went into a Verizon store and they are replacing the phone today.  My worry is that the same thing will happen to the replacement.  To clarify:  the phone died after the software upgrade.  To stave off any ridiculous questions, of course I was using the Samsung original charger and battery. 

0 Likes
GZ99

I had the same issue. Completely and utterly frustrated when I pinged Verizon. They sent me a replacement, but of course I had to pay for the overnight shipping fee. Now the new phone keeps prompting me to update my O.S. NO THANK YOU!!!

Did you get your issue resolved?

0 Likes
GZ99

I'm with you sethmcohen. I got a new phone and now I'm going through the recreate all my personalized settings, plus avoiding the constant request to update to 4.3. Let me know what happens.

0 Likes
GZ99

Sorry to hear you got the run around. You're nicer than me. I went straight to Verizon and asked for an answer. My phone was under warranty so I got a replacement, but not before having to pay for the overnight shipping (sorry, can't wait 1 week for the free shipping) and now I have to customize all my settings and of course lost all the photos and other things I've loaded.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's bring life back to your phone Kindermiles. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to fix your phone. Is there any physical or water damage to your phone? Can you please simultaneously press and hold the Power button Volume up key Home key. Release the Power button when the Phone vibrates. Continue to hold the Volume Home key until the Android logo appears. Once the Android logo appears release the Volume Home key. Please keep us updated if your device still fails to power up.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
sethmcohen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing you suggest worked. Verizon sent me a new phone saying the

software killed the phone. I will not upgrade to the new software until the

fix is installed. Please see the forums for the numerous issues and update

us all when it is SAFE to download the update.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes