Phone is getting hot what can i do?
LISRUS82

What can I do about Samsung S7 getting to hot? If it's sit ting on table with no charger hooked up or charger is hooked up; or if in use,  have done soft reset and have got sent to several different people.  Not very happy with service and trying to get questions answered.

0 Likes
Re: Phone is getting hot what can i do?
LISRUS82

Been with Verizon for many years, and quality of service has gone down

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there applications running in the background using the cpu and battery?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lisrus82 We value the many years that you've been a customer. Let's see how we can get back on your good side. It important to find out why your S7 is over heating. When did these problems begin? How hot does the device get? For instance, is it harmful to your skin? 

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Are you still having this problem? Were you able to see if a app was running as Ann154 asked?

mmklos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm still having this issue!! It will be a year in Oct 2017 since I got it. ( mind you, I was to get the note) soon after I started getting hairline cracks in the corners...they say call samsung, I say lawsuit, give us different phones. Samsung never gave me the free watch either for getting this dumb phone.

mmklos
Enthusiast - Level 2

I close apps immediately. Because of data usage, It's become a habit, or require " push" service to run. I wish it was it. It started occuring pretty immediately. There was a concern over these getting hot, but the topic simply went away? It came up ( the topic of getting hot) within a few months, so....january of 2017.

Um no, it's not burning my skin where leaving marks,  ( hope that was a serious question?)

I stumbled on this section of " my verizon", when I started reading comments I thought, that's what's occuring to me!! I have to have this for my business, many times it's just not comparable to what I needed and wanted. I'm stuck with this expensive phone, that sells new on eBay much cheaper than what I even still owe. I wanted the note , it was my intention. I have to use this phone, when it gets hot...i have to shut it down and use my tablet. My business is time constrained.:(  There's nothing that can be done. It is what it is. I'm tired of going back and forth. Not your fault, your just here doing your job:)

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There should never be an inconvenience when it comes to using your phone, Mmklos. Learning that the device is getting hot is alarming and we want to do everything we can to help. Granted the device is getting to the point where it needs to be powered off to cool down does help to get us pointed in the right direction. In cases such as this, we do recommend you stop into a direct store location so one of our associated can take a closer look over the device as soon as possible. Here is a link for our store locations so you can find the closest one to you. Please click here: http://spr.ly/658382A1l As far as the promotion you are referencing about the watch, was this through Samsung directly? Have you reached out to them by chance?

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I think VZW Support Hit the nail on the head. The store should be able to help make sure it is an corp store.

Have you talked to Samsung at all about this problem because I remember when these phones came out there was a flood of this problem in these threads. I too am one of those that had to trade down to this phone from Note 7. Please let us know what the final out come is either from Verizon or Samsung

0 Likes