Phone not working - Battery Connector
usafatcmike
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I received my Galaxy S3 today, from a friend in CONUS (I live in Alaska). She activated it for me and sent it on up to me. The phone appeared to be working just fine for roughly 3 hours. Suddenly, the phone shut off. Instantly, I figured the battery was just shot, so I let it charge for roughly 2 hours; only to find out that it's not the battery. Just to double check, I turned on the phone while still plugged into the charger and it turned on just fine; the second I pulled the plug from the phone, it immediately shut off, leaving me to wonder if it was the battery. My only option was to go to Best Buy and ask them to put the battery into an AT&T S3. The battery worked and turned on, which then lead to the only explanation which is an internal hardware failure.

While highly upset, I quickly called Verizon Customer Support and they were wonderful at understanding the situation, addressing the issue, correcting it and ensuring I was satisfied with what was going to happen. Basically, I told them what I just said above and they apologized and said that I can have a new phone sent to a friend in the CONUS who can activate my new phone for me and send it to me. (It would have been nice if they could have paid for the shipping of the phone I have here in Alaska, to my phone in Maryland, since the old phone needs to be shipped back to Verizon.) I was happy to get the response I did from Verizon and have always had such amazing customer service!

Just curious though, has anyone else had this issue with the Battery Connector in the phone on the S3?

0 Likes