Phone not working when i am at my house!
aprillynn

I am wanting to see if anyone has had this problem or any advise.  A couple weeks ago I got a message on phone saying something was wrong with sd card. Clicked on it, asked if I wanted to format card. I didn't want to do that knowing it would delete everything, so I didn't bother it.  since then I don't have a signal when I am at my house.  Also cant send txt. Usually says I don't have a mobile connection. My phone is useless when I am home.  When I leave, it works fine.  If I want to use anything on phone while I am home, I have to turn on wifi. I have called Verizon 2 times about this.  I made them call my phone both times to see if they could hear me.  and of course they could.  So we would think phone was fixed, then next time I go to make a call...the person can't understand anything I am saying. 

0 Likes
Re: Phone not working when i am at my house!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi aprillynn!

This is very strange! I also have the Galaxy S3 and I have not experiencing any issues with it. Since this issue appear to be associated directly with the message indicating to format your SD card, I would recommend to backup the media from your SD card to your computer and then format the SD card as previously indicated by your device. While in my opinion this has nothing to do with signal, I would do it only because issues started after you declined to format SD card. Additionally, I would recommend to reprogram your phone by removing the SIM card http://bit.ly/TMHSVi for 30 seconds. This will resync your phone with the network and may resolve signal issues too. Please keep in mind that indoor signal can be challenging due structural materials properties, and other factors out of our control (terrain, buildings, foliage, etc.) can also impact indoor service.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
aprillynn

Thank you very much for the information. I had a very bad day with my

phone a few days ago. I couldn't do anything with it. So I calles Verizon

again. Talked to a guy that seemed to know a lot about the phone. After he

had me to do several things to my phone (one including taking out sim card)

and I'm sure he did several things on his side also, my phone actually

works better than ever. Most of the day I have 4g now. Where I live, I've

never had that. I hope everything that was going on with phone was just a

bad coincidence. With sd card and signal. But the guy was extremely

helpful. Still, I'm going to keep your answer to were I can find it.

Because you never know about these "smart"phones!

On Mar 31, 2013 10:54 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
apples2468

any suggestions all of a sudden, May 2022 drop phone calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

apples2468, making sure you have the services you need in your home is important. Allow us the opportunity to investigate. When did this start? Does this only occur in your home? Or everywhere you go? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code, so we can accurately pinpoint your location? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes