Phone will not take a charge
RyGuy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The other day, I plugged in my S5 to my desktop computer like i have done many times in order to download photos onto my computer.  Upon doing so i got an error message on my computer indicating it did not recognize my phone.  I verified the cable was plugged in correctly both into the phone and into my computer.  Still nothing.  I then tried a different cable, and nothing happened.  Now, I am not able to charge the phone.  I have tried several different chargers and it seems as though the charging port is no longer working.  Is this common?  I have an S5 company provided phone and verified chargers and computer cables working on that.  At this point I am swapping batteries back and forth between the phones so that I can keep them charged and be able to use my personal phone until I can figure out what is going on.  I've already done a factory reset on my phone and from a visual inspection of the charging port on the bottom of the phone, I can't see anything wrong or damaged.

Thoughts? 

0 Likes
Re: Phone will not take a charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RyGuy1, thanks for those details. We're stepping in to help. Did you download additional software to your computer to support your Samsung Galaxy S5 when connected via USB? Have you tried charging your device by plugging that charger into a wall outlet? Did you recently update the software on your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes