Phone won’t charge due to “Moisture Detected” message
Mrzamn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any suggestions on how to correct the “moisture detected” message on a brand new Samsung S10 5G phone? Never dropped in water... Just finished the hottest July days in the northeast. Could humidity be the culprit?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Phone won’t charge due to “Moisture Detected” message
bearone21
Legend

yes

0 Likes
trm5

My phone has the same problem. I brought it to the store and it charged. I bought a new charger to resolve the problem, but still got the error message at home. I realized that I can only charge it when I'm in a very air conditioned place because it is too humid where I live. Very disappointed that Samsung hasn't resolved this yet. Clearly it is too sensitive if it can't differentiate between a humid day and actual moisture. 

0 Likes
Jell_Lee
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
Jell_Lee
Enthusiast - Level 1

humidity does play SOME  role in this issue, sudden exposure to humid air when the phone itself was initially cool will cause condensation to form on the phone, and water vapors can in some occasion seep into small cracks and affect the internals (I think this is rare but if the water-resistance is compromised then possible).

AC blows out DRY air hence no concern for condensation. I suggest you run Dehumidifier when not using AC/Heater... Or go ghetto style and hang a thick news paper in the middle of the room so it terrible up moisture lol

You can take it to ubreakifix for port/battery diagnostics OR submit an error report to Samsung Members app after reproducing the issue to confirm it's software issue or not.

0 Likes
amreeee

I have the same issue but it didn't exist until an update installed on my phone (Galaxy S9+). I tried to factory reset to remove the update, but it was unsuccessful. My phone hasn't been exposed to humidity or moisture at all. So there is absolutely no reason for the error to exist. This is my replacement phone too. My previous phone (Galaxy S9+) had the same issue. I took it to UbreakIfix and they replaced my USB port. That fixed it for about 2 days. Then the error occurred and would not go away. I called Verizon and they replaced my phone to the one I have now.
I believe there is a bug in the software. No other explanation seems to fit, especially in my situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amreeee We understand how important this is for you! Please visit http://spr.ly/6603zGFw1 to learn more about the message. 

-Evelyn

0 Likes