Photo gallery freezing; unable to view photos
SWebster77

I have been having problems with my Gallaxy's photo gallery since before the upgrade.  When I go into my gallery to view my photos I can't click on one to bring it up and if it lets me scroll through the gallery, it will freeze up.  I have done everything that has been suggested from unmounting the SD card to clearing the cache and forcing stop the gallery.  I have turned the phone off and removed the battery as well as the SD and SIM card.  I do not want to do a factory data reset, because obviously the photo gallery problem is a known issue.  I will lose all of things stored in my phone for a temporary solution, I think not.  The SD card is not defective as I have checked it out on other phones as well as my computer. If there weren't so many useless apps loaded on the phone, perhaps the gallery would not be an issue. Are there any other solutions to this problem?????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Photo gallery freezing; unable to view photos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SWebster77,

Yikes! You have done a lot of troubleshooting on your device! We appreciate you taking the time to check into the issue on your own. Before doing a factory reset, I would recommend trying Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1iNs3y3  Safe mode runs the phone without any apps running, which helps to determine if there is an app causing the issue. Also, can you confirm which specific Galaxy model you have? Please let us know if this helps! 

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Photo gallery freezing; unable to view photos
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SWebster77,

Yikes! You have done a lot of troubleshooting on your device! We appreciate you taking the time to check into the issue on your own. Before doing a factory reset, I would recommend trying Safe Mode: http://vz.to/1iNs3y3  Safe mode runs the phone without any apps running, which helps to determine if there is an app causing the issue. Also, can you confirm which specific Galaxy model you have? Please let us know if this helps! 

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes