Playlist disappears
DJSomers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I made a playlist of Christmas music and it vanished from "My Playlists" after playing some music and closing the Music app. The last song played still showed at the bottom of the screen and I could click to play it, as though the playlist was still there. However, when I changed to a different playlist, the Christmas playlist was completely gone. I set up the Christmas playlists 2 more times and the same thing happened. (I "saved" each playlist.) The other 2 playlists with different music I created have not had this problem and remain visible in "My Playlists". Any idea why this is happening? I have about 40 songs in the list and it's a pain to have to keep creating the Christmas playlist.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Playlist disappears
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DJSomers - Let's get the jingle bells ringing again! Are you using the stock music player or a 3rd party application? Are you storing your music and playlists on an SD card or the phone memory?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
DJSomers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your response! I’m using the player that came with the S4 and the Christmas music is on the SD card.

FYI – I have 2 other playlists and only one of them shows up on the phone under “My Computer” when I have it connected to my laptop. No playlists show up on the SD card in My Computer. But, let’s stick with trying to get the Christmas playlist straightened out for now. I can deal with the other after the holidays.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying DJSomers. It seems that you may be having issues with your SD Card. Can you attempt to save the playlist directly to the device and see if the playlist is removed? Please keep us posted after completion, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
DJSomers
Enthusiast - Level 3

I made another Christmas Playlist and it's on my phone now, along with the other 2 playlists. I have turned the phone off today and when I turned it back on, all 3 playlists are still there. I have the phone connected to the laptop now and the playlists are showing on the phone and not the card. However, when I click on the phone Christmas playlist file on the laptop, the file Properties show 0 bytes. The music plays on the phone when I push the Play key. All of my music on the laptop is in iTunes.

I don't know if this extra info helps any or not. Maybe the Christmas playlist won't vanish again since Christmas is almost over.

0 Likes
DSWakes

I put 3 playlists on my galaxy 4. and it worked fine for months. but now they are gone... all the songs are still on phone and play... but no playlists show up. I've tried re-sync but still just songs no lists?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know how important playlists are DSWakes! I'm glad to see that all songs are still on your phone! What specific application do you use to make those playlists? If you make those playlist again, do they stay after you power your phone off and on?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
zoom14st

HTC One M8 keeps loosing "MY MUSIC" playlist (everytime booting it reducing the number of playlist numbers).  I have to re-create playlist so often.  Is there anyway to save the playlist on SD memory (it seems there is no option in this device)? or keep the playlist firm on device built-in memory?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zoom14st,

As a huge music fan, I know the importance of being able to keep your playlist as you would like them. I have many playlist and thought of them disappearing just breaks my heart. When did this issue with the disappearing playlists begin? To clarify, are you using the "Music" application that came preinstalled on the device?

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
zoom14st

Thanks for the reply.  Re-creating playlist every so often is annoying.   It seems eveytime Android updates OS (that happens quite often you know?) the playlist gets affected, also possibly sometime when I just re-booting it.  Yes I am using preinstalled (built-in) music application.  I wish this model allows to keep the playlist on SD card...

Thanks,

0 Likes