Poor Service today. Across the region? Or?
Bridget2112
Enthusiast - Level 1

The hotspot service on my husband's phone, my phone and our Jetpack are all not working.  Is there a regional or company wide upgrade/update? We unable to even view videos on the phone through facebook or other apps. Very little is working. The phone and texting are the only capabilities.

Labels (1)
Re: Poor Service today. Across the region? Or?
xjimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I second that.  I understand things may be harder because of everything going on.  I live in a remote area where getting a good isp is hard to do.  We chose verizon unlimited on two phones and a tablet to get us through.  Two of the lines are past the de-prioritized threshold, but now instead of getting around 6-12mbps with those we get anywhere from 0.00 to 0.9mbps speed.  The line that isn't past the 75gb mark is getting anywhere from 0.6 to 3mbps.  I mean, there are a total of four of us doing the quarantine bid at my place.  Four of us that can't use the internet.  I called and they told me that since there's only one line that wasn't past the usage mark for de-prioritization, that's the only one they would address for me.  The data speeds had actually started getting worse sometime early last year.  I told them that too.  They said they would put a trouble ticket in for the one line, even though I continued to tell them it has been all the lines, even when not past the de-priortization mark.  It started working better that day, but then back to terrible speeds the next day again.  Never got a trouble ticket/reference number.  Never got an email or message back to tell me their findings or resolve.  The only reason I stay with you is because you bought out a smaller local carrier in my area and they have more towers going from the foothills here into higher country.  I'm having to think twice about you now because all my friends with T-mobile right now are telling me they get way better speeds even after being de-prioritized.  Look I am sorry for the situation and I do appreciate anyone having to work during this pandemic, but we're all going through things right now.  And right now, I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving.  I talked to T-mobile reps today (Verizon reps not available) and I'm pretty sure I'll be switching.  Look how late it is, yet I'm still getting this kind of data speeds.  I am grateful for your autosave in the forums because when I went to put this pic in it froze because of my terrible data speeds.  What say you, Verizon?  I say it would take a miracle to keep our business at this point.  That bogo deal for the S20's at T-mobile is looking pretty good right about now.

Screenshot_20200412-234445_Speedtest[1].jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don't want to see you go elsewhere, and we would be happy to dive deeper into your service concern, xjimmy. Do you notice a difference in speed depending on the time of day it is? When this occurs, does your phone usually display 4G/LTE?  JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
xjimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

So it used to be that between the hours of 4p.m. - 10p.m. my speeds would drop, but were still useable for most things.  Seems like sometime early to mid last year, between those times it got very slow, like 1-2mbps in that timeframe.  Right now my phone's data is pretty much unusable until around 1a.m., then it's around 8-10mbps, which used to be anywhere from 20-50mbps that late.  It usually stays saying 4glte, I have seen it go to 3g for less than a minute then change back.  That's pretty rare when it does that.  I'm getting .40 mbps right now.  From early morning to late night that's the new standard speed to expect. My partner's phone is the only line right now that hasn't gone over the 75gb mark and he's getting 2.5 - 4, sometimes a little higher.  Haven't run a speed test on his late at night though.  I appreciate you responding to my post, and thank you for working right now.  These are crazy times.  We just need something that's going to work for us.  If there's anything you can do, it would be appreciated.  I look forward to your reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, and thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. We show this post was from a couple of days ago. Are you still having issues? If so, what type of signal are you currently getting and where are you located?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information. Keeping you connected is our priority. This is never the experience that we want you to have with your service and we want to do all we can to turn this around. Please send us a private message so that we can take a closer look at your line and make sure that everything is as it should be. We will be standing by.

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
xjimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, I'm still getting the same issues.  I answered the other Verizon Community Mgr. via private message as he requested.  Even the line not being de-prioritized is getting under 1 mbps hotspot speeds.  If you're interested, you might want to ask the other Community Mgr to let you see the private message, as it will list where I live, etc.  Thank you for responding.  I appreciate that you all are working right now, with everything that's going on.  I hope you all stay healthy and safe.  Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
xjimmy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Neither rep ever got back to me. My data cycle restarted on the 17th, and the speeds are better than the .2-.9mbps range I was getting, but my "premium data" is only 1-5 mbps now.  Between 5-10p.m. it's always worse.  Haven't been given a reason why. Haven't been contacted after putting in a trouble ticket. Never given a reference number. Called back and waited patiently for my call to be answered. She said she would transfer me over. Another 20 minutes she apologized for me waiting so long. Said they were busy and would give me a call in the next 30 minutes. I got a call over an hour later which was automated and said to hold while I was connected to someone. I was disconnected before anyone answered...And then there's you two reps/Mgrs, the ones who I guess decided not to answer my private messages or help me find answers to the problem, yet you claim you still want my business. Days later, nothing again.  This has been a problem for over a year, and I had the trouble ticket put in about two weeks ago?!  I contacted T-mobile just now and they said my speeds here with them are 100mbps!! And, after being de-prioritized I should expect 7 mbps and higher with them; And their plans are cheaper. When I asked T-Mobile if they were seeing network speed decline given the pandemic their answer was "not at all," verbatim. With Verizon, no answer as to why the slowdowns started over a year ago or why they're worse now. Deceptive protocol to seemingly diffuse a situation in forums and social media. Tell me, where are your great think tank people? I want to hear from your war room experts. Your customer service has never been good, and in times like these the top should rise and get their hands dirty. I would never let my company or staff take the brunt of it without me. Never been willing to ask a team member to do something I myself wasn't willing to do myself. On with the soft-spoken excuses now, Verizon...  I will say that T-Mobile's customer service is junk as well, for those that are interested in that regard.  I worked for AT&T when they were still Cingular Wireless, so I know how these companies work, and comprehend the changes since that time.  I will say that they were just as bad as these other major carriers.  I will not divulge specifics.  Just going to say that being loyal to these big corporations does nothing for you.  If you live in an area that all of them cover, switch to another whenever you want a new phone to get a bogo deal on the best phones.  They'll offer you garbage deals on lesser phones.  Start telling them no.  Consumers have allowed all of these carriers to set this new standard where they say hey, no more contracts, but...we'll give you a bogo deal only as a new customer and on our higher plans, and never again.  I remember when as a customer, loyalty meant something.  You could sign a two-year contract and get a discount on the baddest new phone.  Every two years if you were in good standing you could do it again, paying the taxes on the full retail price of the phone.  Where are you at, Verizon?  You going to be the ones that change the game for the better?  Nah, you're just as stingy as the rest.

0 Likes