Poor cell signal Galaxy S10+
EFjohnny

I am having issues with poor cell signal on my Galaxy S10+. I constantly have to resend text messages over and over because lack of cell signal. I sometimes miss calls because lack of cell signal. Internet can be slow as well.

I bought this phone recently during black Friday and have been using it since. I previously was using a Galaxy S7 with Verizon and had no issues with signal. My environment has not changed since I was using the S7. Any idea what this could be. Is something wrong with the phone.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor cell signal Galaxy S10+
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

One possible explanation could be that your new S10+ is finding a connecting to a different band than your old S7.

Try downloading and installing a diagnostic tool like LTE Discovery to expose more information about your phones reception.  Capture a screenshot or copy the information from this tool so that we can see what your phone is seeing.

Another test would be to confirm if the problem is isolated to this specfic area or not.  Travel somewhere else like outside the home, different area in town, different down or somewhere even further away.  Compare the results and see if the phone has trouble with reception anywhere else.

0 Likes
EFjohnny

0_lte-discovery-screenshot.jpg

0 Likes
EFjohnny

lte-discovery-screenshot.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about the signal-related issues that you have been experiencing, EFjohnny. We will be more than happy to go through some steps to make sure that any issues are resolved in the end. What is the city and intersection that this has been happening in? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for sharing this information. It's definitely worrying to see your device is having trouble connecting to our network, and we are here to help. At this moment, we would like to ask you to please reset the network settings on your device. The following link will guide you through this process. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223009/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes