Poor sales experience on phone
Cannonball3804

Wanted to express my disappointment with your SalesDept. Upgraded by phone, was told that the S7 Edge and the accessories I wanted could not be found locally and would have to be shipped. So I did that. Then went to the Verizon store less than 2 hours later and they had all 3 items in stock. And couldn't change the order. Called Verizon back - they wouldn't change he order either. So I was lied to, and now I have to wait for shipment.

0 Likes
Re: Poor sales experience on phone
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was that local store a corporate store or a premium retailer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cannonball3804

It is a Verizon company store in Dumas, TX. It is not a reseller. I told the rep on the phone. Marisa, that I was headed to Dumas and could pick up there or if not, then the company store in Amarillo. She told me the phone and the two accessories were unavailable for store pickup and the only option was to ship.

0 Likes
Cannonball3804

Here is an update. I called to get my tracking information so that I could track my package since it was to ship overnight yesterday and arrive today.

The agent gave me a UPS tracking number. I then called UPS and gave them that number. They said they didn't have any info about that tracking number.

So I called Verizon back. This time the agent told me that the previous agent had mistakenly given me a UPS tracking number for a return shipment if I needed to send the item back. He then gave me the correct, FedEx tracking number.

i think Verizon has a lot of new and poorly trained agents as a result of a surge in calls related to the new Unlimited Plan. I've now had two poor experiences in two days.

0 Likes
Cannonball3804

Here's another update in this twisted saga. Remember how Verizon shipped my stuff next day air after lying to me about the option of in-store pickup? Well, the window for FedEx delivery today was up to 8 pm. So I thought I would drive around my relatively small city and find the guy to get it directly off his truck.

i kept running into the Business delivery guy, but it was the Residential guy I needed. I finally gave up and went back home at 1:04 pm. There was a doortag from FedEx from 12:55 pm. 9 minutes earlier. The doortag said that Verizon required signature! LOL!

verizon did not tell me at any point during my order yesterday that someone would need to be here to receive the package. My wife and I both work, and I wasn't even supposed to be around today. It makes no sense to send a package overnight and require signature when most working people are not home during the middle of the day! And then not to inform me that they had put "signature required" on the shipment...

so now I've had to call FedEx and ask for re-delivery. Supposedly I'll get a call back withon 2 hours letting me know if they can re-deliver. Worst case, I'll have to drive an hour to Amarillo to pick it up after 6 pm tonight.

I'll provide another update if and when i get this package. But this whole situation is a royal [Removed]

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had with our customer service team and store. That is not what I want for you. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.

All of our accessories and devices require a signature, as this is part of the agreement with FedEx. I am saddened to learn this was not explained to you. I work long hours too and I would want to know ahead of time if a package I was expecting needed a signature.

I would love the opportunity to turn your experience around.  I’ve sent you a Private Message.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes