Pop Ups
apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

play store game request pop up when i exit out of certain things on the phone as well as pop ups from chrome.. Has anyone had this type problem on Galaxy s6? What can i do?

0 Likes
Re: Pop Ups
Snn5
Legend

It is most likely some game or app that has been installed.  Try running in safe mode for a few hours.  If it stops, it's a downloaded app, if it continues, we have other issues.

Start in Safe Mode

1. Power the phone off.
  2. Turn the phone back on while pressing and holding the “Volume Down” button.
  3. Keep holding the “Volume Down” button until the Home screen loads. The lower-left corner should say “Safe Mode“.
0 Likes
apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will try this now. Its not all the time but at random times. Is there a way I can check for things like this on the downloaded apps I have now?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Most anti virus apps will have a feature that scans and lets you know if you have some sort of push-ad permissions or other similar traits within downloaded apps.  Any app advertised as "in-app purchases" will usually have these ads.

0 Likes
apeavy
Enthusiast - Level 3

So should I avoid those type apps?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, if you want to avoid advertisements, but it's hard to do so when apps are free.

0 Likes