Re: Premium Visual Voice Mail on S21 Ultra only transcribes 15 seconds of voice message
scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for your detailed account of all of this.  I went from note 8 to s22 Ultra and had the same thoughts.  One thing I don't recall you mentioning is that there is no longer a count of voice mails (which there used to be), nor do I think you mentioned if there is now unlimited voicemails, rather than just 30 or so. Also the Verizon voicemail oddly has never worked via WiFi which I've always thought was ridiculous.  I had to have cell service to hear voice messages.

0 Likes
Re: Premium Visual Voice Mail on S21 Ultra only transcribes 15 seconds of voice message
DSperber
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't use Verizon's Voice Mail, so I can't honestly say whether there is some maximum number limit. But I have two friends who also are on Verizon and use it, and are also both not so tech savvy. I'm not sure they even know how to retrieve and/or delete messages.

But I do know that both of them have obviously run into a "mailbox is full and cannot accept any new messages at this time" situation. When I've called them and wanted to leave a message I couldn't, and in frustration instead had to text them. A little research points to this Verizon page comparing their various Voice Mail products. Looks like the max limit is 20 for free and basic versions, and 40 for paid add-on and Premium versions.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening, scottgp! Just to confirm, are you having similar issues with your Galaxy S22 Ultra?

-Marshall

0 Likes
scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes.  It's not just me.  It's everyone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scottgp, where did you purchase your phone?

-Christopher

0 Likes
Kikilajule
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and complaint on S20fe. I, too, LOVED, used & NEEDED that visual voice mail to get through my busy work day most efficiently. Now it is inefficient, almost useless, I can barely read the 5 or 6 pt font and when played on speaker, can barely hear the message!

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is a great philosophy but Verzon has totally fouled it up.  No need to change it. These are supposed to be Ultra powerful phones, with plenty of power capability to sustain a premium application like Visual Voice mail. Super Frustrating!  

Maybe Verizon should sometime poll it's users in a survey of what's most important to them. In 14 years, I've never gotten any survey like that from them. Big FAIL Big Red on ##visualvoicemail.

I understand ATT phones mayhave a much better vvm....? 

0 Likes
DSperber
Enthusiast - Level 2

My sympathies, again. But Verizon is apparently not going to do anything about this.

Once again I reiterate that for me the best alternative (and it is FREE) was to just go with Google Voice as a total and complete functional Voicemail replacement app , as I documented a few posts down on page 1 of this thread. The very original and very fine older (red icon) version 11.0/12.0 of Voicemail which was authored by the now defunct Motorola Mobility is not available. And the current (green icon) version 13.0 which is authored by Samsung is the inferior product we are discussing here.

As I have described with screenshots back on page 1 of this thread, the Google Voice product overcomes all of the complaints we all have about this current Samsung Voicemail app:

(a) transcription to text is of THE ENTIRE VOICE MESSAGE, not just limited to first 5 lines of ultra-tiny font text however much time that corresponds to of the caller's voice message.

(b) font used for the text transcription is the same as whatever your phone's "system font and size" is set at on your phone itself.  So if you've customized your phone's overall main system font to meet your personal tastes and liking (including perhaps scaling it larger for readability, etc.) that exact same customized font/size is what is used for the text transcription by Google Voice.

(c) the "buttons" on the user interface to PLAY/PAUSE and turn on/off "speaker" for sound are large enough so that you can actually see them and touch them properly with your finger tip.

(d) there is a substantial separate web interface associated with your Google Voice account, that you can get to from your computer/browser if you want. Many maintenance and other playback options are available for that interface as well as those available directly from the Google Voicemail app on your phone.

(e) there are many optional functional additions within Google Voice that you can configure, allowing you to produce additional notifications (and even a secondary additional transcription copy sent by email) of a newly arrived voicemail. I personally don't utilize any of these redundant notification options, preferring only my "FREE and simple phone-based replacement of the current inferior Verizon Premium Visual Voice app" that came with my S21 Ultra.

(f) there are advanced options for linking multiple phone numbers within one single Google Voice account, allowing automatic forwarding/ringing to one or more secondary numbers when a single line rings, etc. Again, I don't use these features but someone might find them invaluable (especially if you have a business phone).

From a primary basic Voicemail app there's nothing inherently magic about basic Google Voice. It just addresses precisely the needs that any primary phone-based voice mail app should address... and as previously was addressed by the previous (Motorola Mobility software, red icon) Premium Visual Voice Mail app (for $3.99/month as I recall).

And, it also happens to be FREE rather than the current $2.99 charged by Verizon for the problematic replacement (Samsung software, green icon) Premium Visual Voice Mail service, which I think we all feel to clearly be inferior.

0 Likes
scottgp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I will be switching to Google Voice soon.  In the meantime, I wanted to post that I found out HOW to display all the lines of the transcription (also in a larger font).  I posted this on the Verizon Reddit sub:
I can't find the posts where people have complained about not being able to see the entire transcription, as in prior versions. I figured out how to do it: After clicking on the individual voicemail from the list of all voicemails, you'll see 4 icons: call, message, share, and Info. Click on the "i" for info, this opens a different view with the entire transcription (in a larger font as well).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing your discovery with the community, scottgp. That's what our forums here are about: People helping people. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

-George

0 Likes
godsgirl411

It would be great if we could actually use our Visual voicemail the way that it was intended to be used!! It is really silly that we have to go to Google and do a work around. My husband and I both got our Samsung S21 Ultra at the same time and his visual vm works fine. He has no problems with it, now I on the  other hand, am a hit and miss. Sometimes mine works and most of the time it does not. I have spoke with Verizon on multiple occasions only to be told to force stop, take it off my phone and re-add it, etc. etc. etc., Now my voicemail tab is gone completely and I don't have the visual voicemail, but lucky for me I still get to pay for it every month. No credits have been offered to me. The whole thing is very frustrating and Verizon needs to figure something out.

0 Likes