Previously read text messages suddenly showing unread
Bukwheet

Yesterday evening, around 8:30 Central Time,  the Message + app suddenly started going off with multiple text message alerts. At first, I thought it was a group text thread, but when I checked my phone, I had over 150 new messages. There were multiple messages that I had already read that were showing up as unread, and others that I had deleted that reappeared as unread, going back over a week ago. My phone is a Galaxy S10e. Did anyone else experience this problem, or know what caused it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Previously read text messages suddenly showing unread
Daveswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem with my Galaxy S7, needed to restart which stopped the messages for the most part. However, I am receiving some random messages still in the past few days. Also, I can't hear callers when I am connected to wifi, only when on 4G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting previously read messages show up as unread would concern me too. Is the Message+ application your default messaging application? Also, have you had any issues with your service or signal?

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What type of messages are you receiving? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Bukwheet

Hi RogerZ,

Message+ is my default message app. I have not had any issues with service or signal.

I don't use the Verizon Messages desktop app. I had it installed on my desktop at one time, but it has since been deleted, and the hard drive replaced. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are very sorry to hear about the unusual issue that came about with receiving these unexpected text messages when using the Verizon Message+ app, Bukwheet. We will be happy to ensure that we get down to the bottom of this. When you visit your Google Play Store app, is there an update needed for the Verizon Message+ app? Was your device connected to Wi-Fi or Cellular data at the time that this happened? When you go to Settings, System updates, Check for system updates, is there a system update needed for your Samsung Galaxy S10e?  BrettA_VZW

0 Likes