Problem with the new update!
erinbacher
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since I updated my phone this past time I've been having an issue. When I go to save a photo (either in web or from an attachment in a text) they are not saving in the "Downloads" folder in my gallery anymore. I don't know why I can't see them. I have to go to My Files - Downloads to view it. Which means, when I go to use Instagram, or anything else that pulls up my gallery, I can't access it. I've already restarted my phone in hopes that was the issue, no avail. I use this function a lot so it's driving me insane. Please help!

Re: Problem with the new update!
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get this too. Ever since the update. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
MikeB3

With 4.1.2 I've lost the "camera roll" option and the organization by location, date or source (download, camera, messaging, etc.) is inaccurate.  I cannot find most of my pictures without opening several different albums because things are so strangely organized. I have 14 location albums 8 of which are my house some by house # some by another house 3, some by the name of the town I live in, some located in the next town.  Some picture taken in my house on the same day are in different folders.

I also cannot open videos from iphones and when i save them I can't find them. They are not in my files and my SD card hasn't been added to since the upgrade.  I'm going to down load and rearrange the pictures into the correct albums.  I may try yo put some back on the phone but I'm already pretty frustrated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks Erin & Deved for sharing your issue with your device. I regret to see that the update has made it harder to share pics via social media. I'm not showing a setting to change where the pics save to, but I want to try a few steps. When you go to My Files, move the file to another location in your Pictures folder to see if this shows in your Gallery. I did also add your issue to our internal forums to alert our product team for investigation.

Thank you,

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not fixing a problem YOU introduced. I want my origimal phone back. Tired of 4 hour battery life and having to put my phone in the freezer to cool it down.

0 Likes
devedsmith
Enthusiast - Level 3

Read thread: https://vzwsupport.jive-mobile.com/#jive-discussion?content=https%3A%2F%2Fvzwsupport.jive-mobile.com%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fdiscussions%2F795750&anchor=https%3A%2F%2Fvzwsupport.jive-mobile.com%2Fapi%2Fcore%2Fv2%2Fmessages%2F951146

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fixing your phone issues are our #1 priority devedsmith. Having a short battery life is no fun and prevents you from having the ability to use your phone effectively. Although we are unable to give you your original phone back, we can help with trouble-shooting and replacement options. Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? Different or unauthorized chargers can have an affect on the battery. Are you still within your one-year manufactures warranty? I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
AirInn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also am having the low battery life and over heating issue ever since I updated my ios last week, the bad charging behavior started immediately after the update.  It's not the charger, it's the update and the service people at my VZW service location confirmed that they've had several similar complaints.  Their advice to me was to wait until Samsung released a fix to this bug. I was willing to buy a new battery & factory reset but I was told by the support staff at VZW that it wouldn't work & Only an update would fix the problem. Please confirm when to expect this update?  I have loved my Note 2 since I bought it in December but this is quickly changing my mind.

0 Likes