Problems after Marshmellow Update
lewie67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the update I've run into several problems.  My Galaxy S6 is now frequently dropping phone calls, something that almost never happened prior to the update. When using 4G, the SiriusXM app frequently drops its audio transmission and has to recover it and the Pandora app sits there in a timing loop and won't load its audio. Anyone else seeing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems after Marshmellow Update
lewie67
Enthusiast - Level 2

After speaking to support, I had the Samsung folks at my local Best Buy reinstall the Marshmallow OS yesterday and subsequently made a 35 minute call with no drops. Earlier in the day two separate calls had experienced multiple drops so, hopefully, the reinstall has resolved most of the problems. I did try HD calling but it seemed a bit too sharp for my aging ears. I’ll continue to test it however.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lewie67, we always want your phone to work in pristine condition. I know that lately it has not felt this way but no worries, help is here to figure out what’s going on. How long has this been happening? Is this happening intermittent or consistently? Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lewie67
Enthusiast - Level 2

It’s happening primarily outdoors when I’m on 4G. I haven’t made many calls indoors since the update but after it installed, I immediately saw the increase in sudden call drops.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lewie67, thanks for providing that detail. We certainly want to get to the bottom of this for you. Since this isn't coming up as a known issue since that update, let's take a closer look at some of the device settings. do you the Advanced Calling feature enabled under Settings? Also, if this feature is enabled, do you have Wi-Fi Calling enabled along with it?

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lewie67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not. Those features are something that I need.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lewie67 we want your device to work all over. Let's get this resolved. I would recommend turning on the Advanced Calling as well as the WiFi calling please keep us updated on how this goes.

0 Likes
lewie67
Enthusiast - Level 2

After speaking to support, I had the Samsung folks at my local Best Buy reinstall the Marshmallow OS yesterday and subsequently made a 35 minute call with no drops. Earlier in the day two separate calls had experienced multiple drops so, hopefully, the reinstall has resolved most of the problems. I did try HD calling but it seemed a bit too sharp for my aging ears. I’ll continue to test it however.

0 Likes