Promotion rate and paying off phone
mbarnett82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Being forced to stay home has opened my eyes:

I was attempting to help my husband pay for our Verizon phone bills. We bought the phones last year on the Buy one, Get one deal. Basically, we should have gotten our children's phone for free. Well, as it turns out, Verizon doesn't really do free. When I looked at our bill I noticed that there are prices associated with each phone for the actual cost listed as a "lease" amount. When I chose the option to pay off my phone there was a message stating that we would lose the "credit" applied to the account. It also said that we have to keep the phone accounts for 2 years to receive the credit!

So, let me get this straight: I can't pay off my phone because I would lose this credit that wasn't applied AND pay a penalty? If I cancel my account then I will have to pay off the balances on the account, which is what I have to do anyway? I was never given a "free" phone because Verizon placed a balance on it at cost, not zero. Soooo, where is the deal in all of this?

I'm pretty much held hostage by Verizon....???

Labels (1)
Re: Promotion rate and paying off phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely don't want to lose you and I'm here to help. I apologize for the confusion. May I ask why you want to leave the Verizon WIreless family? Please tell me more.

Promotional credits are applied over a 24 month period.  If a device is chosen to be paid off prior to the 24-month period future credit will be lost: (Promotional Offers - question #2) http://spr.ly/66011Li1f .   AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
mbarnett82
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm getting more and more convinced that I should leave because I'm not allowed to pay off my phone without incurring a penalty based on a fine print detail for a Buy One Get One Deal. 

Buy one, Get one communicates that if I buy a device the other should be free.  I've been a Verizon customer since 2004, have multiple lines and simply want to pay a balance off.  If Verizon will not allow me to Buy a Device, and Get a Device as laid out by the promotion in the store where I bought my phone I see no reason to pay more in service month to month than other major carriers and stay with Verizon.  I've always stuck with Verizon in spite of other deals on the market but this experience is giving me a VERY different perspective as to my value as a loyal customer.

If I can not pay off my bill without being penalized it simply makes sense to change companies, ask that they absorb my fees and pay less month to month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VZW wants to keep you on the team. Unfortunately, paying off a device (Get device) associated with a BOGO promotion prior to the agreement end date will negate any promotional credits going forward. Sorry for any inconvenience. 

CoreyM_VZW

0 Likes
mbarnett82
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reviewing multiple posts in this forum I am convinced that Verizon doesn't really care about their customers.

There are many instances where people have felt ripped off or deceived by the salespeople. When they try to get resolution from Verizon customer service it becomes a nightmare and, in some cases, makes matters worse.

Maybe Verizon thinks that they don't have to try to keep their customers happy because they are such a large company. It certainly feels that way.

As soon as this lockdown lifts and stores reopen I'll be talking to your competitors. Maybe then I'll receive the type of customer support I deserve.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am troubled to read that you don't feel valued. Getting help should be easy, and sales transactions should be transparent. The last thing we want is for you to consider other carriers.

That said, I'd like to help turn things around. Can you elaborate on how we can help?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes