Protection Plan Fail
Barstool
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have encountered a problem and phone will no longer charge through port but charges fine with wireless. Verizon store rep suggesting filing a claim as I had the protection plan, (BTW protection plans are through a third party insurer, not Verizon, even though you pay for them through Verizon), claim was denied. Apparently if I had dropped it, taken a bath with it, threw it out a car window, lost it or had it stolen , it would have been covered. But since I've handled the phone responsibly and it failed on it's own I am uncovered. Next phone will definitely be bought elsewhere and most likely service carrier will change too. Very disappointing Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Protection Plan Fail
KSGerber
Contributor - Level 1

I'm sorry the 3rd party protection plan provider did not do what they were supposed to do and fix or replace your phone. Have a few questions. Have you tried another charger? It may be your charger that is bad. If something small got into the phone USB C charging port such as some lint or debris that may cause your charging port to not work. I had a few years ago some lint do this. The phone manufacturer, I'm guessing Samsung may fix the phone under their warranty if it is still covered. Just some suggestions that may help.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Barstool, we understand wanting a phone to charge properly! As KSGerber mentioned have you tried another charger or make sure there isn't any dust or debris? Is the charging port loose? What specifically was the reason why Asurion denied the claim?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
Barstool
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi TionnaB,

Thanks so much for responding, yes I have tried multiple chargers, they are all Samsung , nothing aftermarket. Tried filling out the claim with a phone representative and after answering all of their questions and assuring them that it wasn't dropped, exposed to water etc, and that it just stopped charging through port, (wireless is fine), they submitted and shortly thereafter informed me the claim was denied. No reason , no specifics, just denied.

Very unsatisfying conclusion after paying for a protection plan monthly. I really got the sense that if I had dropped it , lost it, or got water in it I'd have been better off. 

0 Likes
Barstool
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for taking the time to offer some advice. Unfortunately I tried multiple chargers but to no avail.  And it is several years old and out of manufacturers warranty. Thanks for taking a shot at it : )

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry for the situation. Does the chearger seem loose in the port? Is there any physcial damage surrounding the port or to the phone in general?

0 Likes