Re: Rapid battery drain on my Galaxy s5 after 6.0.1 installed - same for my wife's galaxy s5
TraeWhit
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Galaxy s5 as well and I noticed battery drain and phone getting hot even when mostly idle .. for me it was The Cloud constantly trying to backup my system .. I disabled it and my phone went back to normal battery usage.

Re: Rapid battery drain on my Galaxy s5 after 6.0.1 installed - same for my wife's galaxy s5
tommcg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I did, also cache and finally did reset back to factory defaults

0 Likes
tommcg
Enthusiast - Level 2

That makes sense-I will check that out-maybe I turned off the cloud backup at the same time as turning off wifi.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TOMMCG,  Thanks for your continued  partnership, as we're looking to get your device back in tip top shape.  We see that you've recently performed a factory reset and confirming  your cloud settings. How's the battery working for you? Please keep us  posted with results. 

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If  my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tommcg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Both our phones are working with wi-fi turned off. They are back to 5-7 days between charges under normal usage (for us). It uses more battery when we video chat with grand kids/family, but this is all on the original battery-needless expense for the new ones.  Useless Vero Beach VZ recommendation. I appreciate the tip to try it in safe mode, but I feel I spent way too much time on it already and with wi-fi off it is working.  Thanks for the tip - if something happens in the future I will try it.

tommcg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Primarily at home, but we do at our kids homes, but most of those visits are in hours not days ergo I will reset router to see if that fixes it.  Thanks for the idea - I will let you know what happens. I have to take my wife to her rehab therapy, but will let you know what happens.

tommcg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Resetting  modem did not make a difference ergo I/we just leave wi-fi turned off and we have no problems with drainage, but it does increase our data usage a bit.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you gone into the play store and make sure that your apps only update on Wifi? There is also settings on your other apps that you can restricted not to use the mobile data. The last update I got for my S5 was the  G900VVRS2DPL1 and I can get at least about 3 days on the battery while listening to i-pods thru the night at least about 8-hrs a night. I don't know if the phone not being activated helps this or not but that is about what I was getting when the phone was activated. Of course there were a few less updates since then and as we ALL know the updates make our phones more productive. Enjoy those video chats with the kids and grand kids I know that is one of the thing that makes me take care of this phone and that it is working right. 

0 Likes