Re: Has anyone else been experiencing problems with the GPS on their galaxy s3?
gusgutz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and this update ruined my vacation. I feel like Verizon it's just trying to extort money from us by making us get new phones. How about a fix Verizon, this is getting old

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! We don't want vacation to be ruined. We want to report the results back to the software team so they can create a fix. 
Please be sure that WiFi is enabled along with High Accuracy GPS settings to ensure the highest location accuracy. Are there other applications that utilize GPS that are able to locate the device? Does the same behavior recur when the device is in safe mode http://bit.ly/RuMIK2?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gusgutz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Safe mode does not fix the gps problem. All location services are on. High accuracy is on. Gps will not lock on and google maps and Waze no longer work. I was using Waze for my daily commute but now it will no longer find a lock.  I have cleared the system cache and reset the phone. That did not work. Verizon, you will fix this at you expense. I did not ask for this upgrade and kept putting it off until one morning out was installed. When Russian hackers disable features on our devices and demand money this is called extortion. I have already been told by Verizon phone support to buy a new phone or pay to get this fixed.

0 Likes
Alberon

sorry to get to you so late, and i hope you weren't forced to buy a new phone. this is not a software problem and it is easily fixed. There are a couple of You Tube videos showing how to tighten screws on the inside back of your phone and what to do if screw-tightening stops working.

0 Likes