Read and Unread email sync
cmcrews

I have set up a Verizon.net email on my Galaxy S3.  The emails sync to the phone fine but will not sync as to whether or not they have been read.  In other words, if I read an email on my phone, the webmail still shows as unread and vice versa.  Is there ANY way to fix this or am I forced to abandon this Verizon.net email in favor of another email that will do this properly? I get lots of emails and to have to manually mark these as read in either place is rediculous!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Read and Unread email sync
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are always options for customizing your phone experience, cmcrews. Don't give up! By default, your Verizon.net account may set up as a POP email, which only stays connected long enough to get your message and doesn't always sync details back when the message is read or deleted. Many customers find that deleting the email account and setting it up manually as an IMAP email helps to allow a more open connection to sync changes to your email. To set up the account manually, select "Others" in step 5 at http://vz.to/KdL3qX. You'll need to reach out to Verizon FiOS directly to obtain the settings you'll need to enter to set it up as an IMAP email. But that should allow you to have a more syncronized mailbox.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are always options for customizing your phone experience, cmcrews. Don't give up! By default, your Verizon.net account may set up as a POP email, which only stays connected long enough to get your message and doesn't always sync details back when the message is read or deleted. Many customers find that deleting the email account and setting it up manually as an IMAP email helps to allow a more open connection to sync changes to your email. To set up the account manually, select "Others" in step 5 at http://vz.to/KdL3qX. You'll need to reach out to Verizon FiOS directly to obtain the settings you'll need to enter to set it up as an IMAP email. But that should allow you to have a more syncronized mailbox.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
cmcrews

I would absolutely love to do as you suggest.  The only problem is that Verizon will not support the IMAP protocol.  I was on the phone with a Verizon Fios Tech for over an hour and the basic result of the conversation is "live with it" it's POP and that is all there is to it. There is a Fios Mobile app that I can check which will sync the read/unread but the email in buried in the entire Fios package app so there is no ability to have any sort of notification that I have a new email.  In addition, emails that come through with html and pictures, don't set properly on the screen so it looks like there is no body to the email until you scroll way down the page. There isn't any way to size the images so that they will fit better on the screen.  I'm not a very technical person but if you ask me there was NO thought into the design of the email system at all!

0 Likes