Receiving some messages late or not at all.
TimCA21

So it seems that for the past few months (around the time i received a warranty replacement for my phone) I've been receiving some messages in my group chats either extremely late (between 1 hour and 2 days) or not at all.  The strange thing is that this doesn't happen for every message but as far as i know only happens in my group chats.  Has anyone had this happen before? or know of a fix?

0 Likes
Re: Receiving some messages late or not at all.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello TimCA21!

We'll work to figure out what's causing this! Is your phone normally connected to WiFi? What make & model device do you have? WiFi does not support MMS messages such as picture and group messaging. Please try turning WiFi off, and test it again. Keep us posted on the results!

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
TimCA21

I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 model SM-G900V.  This issue has occurred with wifi off and while my phone has a 4G signal.

0 Likes
mmattinglyuc

I am having the exact same issue. I get messages from iPhone users individually, but nothing in a group message situation. Doesn't work on WiFi or 4g.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's get to the bottom of this messaging issue and explore ways to resolve mmattinglyuc! When did this issue start? What messaging application do you use? Please confirm your phone model and software version.

AntonioC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mmattinglyuc

The issue started when I got the phone replaced last week. I have a Samsung

Galaxy s5. It is running android 5.0. I have used the Verizon message app

and the Samsung message app. I have had no luck with either one.

On Apr 13, 2015 9:31 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate the insight! Have you recently cleared the cache and data from the Verizon Messages + app? ( Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > All > Message + > Force Stop - Clear Data) Does the issue occur with picture messages as well?

YosefT_VZW
0 Likes
mmattinglyuc

I just cleared the cache. Yes, it happens with picture messages as well.

Thanks for your help.

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to make sure you messages are working properly! I have sent you a direct message so we can further assist.

AmberF_VZW
0 Likes