Receiving text messages on my old iPhone rather than on my Galaxy
kellie83

I just made the big switch from my iPhone 4 to the Galaxy S III. I'm really enjoying the Galaxy so far, but I noticed that while I can send text messages without any problems, I can't receive them. I was testing it out and my friend was receiving them without any problems, but when they were responding, it was going to my iPhone.

I've only downloaded the WhatsApp and Facebook messenger for my Galaxy since purchasing it. It can't be a SIM card issue since ... the iPhone 4 with Verizon doesn't have one.

Suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Receiving text messages on my old iPhone rather than on my Galaxy
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries Kellie83, we'll get those text messages working in no time! That's my main form of communication and I would be lose without it so I definitely understand how frustrating this can be.

Did you port in your number to VZW from another carrier or were you already a VZW customer and just switched devices?

Have you made sure that your friends are sending you a text message or an iMessage? If they are sending you an iMessage it will be received on your iPhone.

Try turning the iPhone off and on the Galaxy SIII remove the SIM card for a minute and reinsert. Retest and keep me posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Spencma
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is my exact issue too will give that a try.

0 Likes
mh_schneider

This is my problem too.  I switched from iPhone to Android, all good.  But, then yesterday, I needed to connect my old iphone to my wifi to send some pics, and WTF messages from iPhones are going to my OLD iPhone not my active Android phone. Is this Apply hijacking my messages cause I switched away from an iPhone  Or Verizon not knowing how to route messages.  Or, no never, never, is this me??

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You have to disconnect your number from iMessage.  So, yes, it is you.

0 Likes