Recording message
BetsyC

I want to re-record my outgoing voicemail greeting, but it always sounds like I'm doing it from a tunnel....echo-y and muted. I want it to sound clean and crisp. I removed the phone's case and tried tipping the phone at various angles, thinking it might be a directional mic issue. No luck. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Recording message
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try recording it in a small room like a closet where you can reduce any other outside noise.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Recording message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important to be able to change your voicemail preferences, BetsyC. It was a good idea to try removing your case and try recording again just in case that was interfering with your microphone. Do you experience any audio issues while on phone calls? Does the audio sound better if you try recording your greeting while on speakerphone? When is the last time your phone was powered off? What model phone are you using?

LaurenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes