Re: Remote Call
egadgetguy

I also had this issue.

I have a G7

I have Message+ on both my phone and tablet because I use my tablet while driving for work. I need to see those messages I get from my phone ON my tablet.

I did try disconnecting all my devices from M+ without success getting rid of remote call

I thought I had advanced calling turned off, but it turns out it was still active.

After disabling that, my issue seems to be gone.

VZW: Please Fix it! so we don't have to lose features just to use the phone!

SigZac
Enthusiast - Level 2

I disabled and uninstalled message+ on all devices and computers, and then still had the extra remote call window.

Turning Advanced Calling off does away with the extra remote call window, but then I do not have data available when I am on a call! I kind of use data ALL the time when I am on calls. Navigation, searches, chats, whatever I happen to feel like using data for!

I want this extra window GONE without disabling anything to do with Advanced Calling  😞

0 Likes
dromero1616
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. Go to settings in Message+ app on phone and unsubscribe from Integrated Messaging Service.

2. Disable Message+ app on all devices

3. Turn off advanced calling on phone

4. Restart phone

5. Turn advanced calling back on

You may not have to perform all of the steps i indicated, but this is what worked for me.

No more call pull screen without having to sacrifice the ability to use the data while talking advanced calling features.

I'm just gonna go back to the stock Android messaging app. It looks like it's gotten better from the last time i used it.

Hope this helps for now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Receiving that unwanted remote call pop up is understandably  exasperating, AMCas. Let's ensure it stops once and for all. Based on  what we've found on our internal device forums, the issue is linked to  Messages +, as that app gives you the option for calls from a tablet or  other device that you've got synced with Messages +. We're working with  the vendor of the Messages + app to provide a permanent fix, as  un-syncing Messages + and turning off Advanced Calling removes important  functionality from your device. As you've indicated that you have  Messages + synced with multiple devices, have you un-synced it on your  other devices since this started? Have you disabled Advanced Calling  since this started?

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, because as you stated advanced calling is an important function. The problem should be fixed once and for all as you also stated and turning off functions isn't it.

0 Likes
AMCas
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have disconnected other devices though. Also an important function to me, but not as important as being able to use the internet while on a phone call.

0 Likes
MRVMRR3

This began for me yesterday. I never used Message+ and noticed it was on earlier today. I have no idea how. Maybe from the last update I had from May 24th? Anyways I came across this thread hoping to find a solution. As mentioned above, I went into Message+ app on my phone, and unsubscribed. Then I went into settings, app manager, located Message+ app, did a force stop, went in and turned everything off in "permissions" and restarted my phone. Made a call, and it was gone. You DON'T have to turn off any advance calling features off.

Using a S7 if you're wondering.

0 Likes
TREVYLERSMOM

Same thing happened to me 2 days ago.  Advance calling is not on.  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
REEMOR61
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess you just [removed] if you the newest most advanced device like the

S8. Thanks

Profanity removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AMCas, I definitely get the importance of being able to utilize both of those two features. While this is being worked on, did the steps recommended by both dromero1616 and MRVMRR3 help out?

Please keep us posted as we want to ensure you are able to utilize your services, and maintain productivity as well.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes