Remove Preinstalled Apps
jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

I've read that many of the pre-installed 'bloatware' apps can be uninstalled from the S6.  Which apps can be removed?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remove Preinstalled Apps
AZSALUKI
Legend

go to the application manager in settings. when you select an app, "uninstall" will be an option IF it is possible.

View solution in original post

AZSALUKI
Legend

go to the application manager in settings. when you select an app, "uninstall" will be an option IF it is possible.

jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

I don't  have the S6. I'm trying to decide if I should upgrade from the S4.  That's why I asked which pre-installed apps could be removed.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i don't know exactly which ones. i know none of the google apps can be. i know i removed a few others for my wife, but had to merely disable a few also. overall, i recall thinking that there really wasn't that much bloatware compared to some of their past phones.

0 Likes
mcblaber
Enthusiast - Level 3

All the pre-installed apps can be disabled besides Verizon HotSpot, MyVerizon, and Voicemail. However, only a few apps can be fully uninstalled.

I'm not a fan of many of the preinstalled apps so I love the fact that 95% of them can be disabled.

johash
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Samsung Galaxy S6 comes with some pre-installed apps that may be considered bloatware by some users. While not all of these apps can be completely uninstalled, many of them can be disabled or hidden from the app drawer.

Here are some of the pre-installed apps on the Galaxy S6 that can be disabled or hidden:

1. Facebook - this app can be uninstalled if it was not pre-installed by your carrier, or it can be disabled if it was pre-installed.

2. OneDrive - this app can be disabled.

3. OneNote - this app can be disabled.

4. Samsung Apps - this app can be disabled.

5. Samsung Galaxy Apps - this app can be disabled.

6. Samsung Milk Music - this app can be disabled.

7. S Voice - this app can be disabled.

8. Verizon Apps - this app can be disabled.

9. WhatsApp - this app can be uninstalled.

To disable an app, follow these steps:

1. Go to "Settings".

2. Tap "Apps".

3. Find the app you want to disable and tap on it.

4. Tap "Disable".

To hide an app from the app drawer, follow these steps:

1. Go to the app drawer.

2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner.

3. Tap "Home screen settings".

4. Tap "Hide apps".

5. Check the box next to the app you want to hide.

6. Tap "Apply".

For more information about how to uninstall or delete apps on your Samsung device, you can look at: https://www.samsunger.com/2023/04/how-to-uninstall-apps-on-samsung.html 

It's important to note that disabling or hiding pre-installed apps may not completely free up space on your device, as some of the app data and files may still be present on your phone.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes