Ringtone help needed -- Galaxy 3 - downloaded from VZN and cannot find
U_Kidding
Enthusiast - Level 2

Downloaded Ringtones for Samsung Galaxy 3  cannot find on phone. How do I find them and activate them. Did come thru as attachments in a TXT msg from Verizon

0 Likes
Re: Ringtone help needed -- Galaxy 3 - downloaded from VZN and cannot find
U_Kidding
Enthusiast - Level 2

FIGURED IT OUT! Not easy to figure out at first.  Also, I see where Verizon's ringtones expire after 12 months, so you may want to manager your finances accordinly...

******Essentially you need to copy it from your dowload folder to a ringtone folder. Then set it as your setting for sound.****

Go to Apps icon --> Choose MY FILES folder icon

Select file folder called "SDCARD0"...

Select file folder called "DOWNLOAD FOLDER"...the ringtones from Verizon were downloaded in here.   Scroll down to the to your ringtone... it will be listed by the name of the ringtone song.

Select the ringtone you downloaded. You'll have to complete action using Google Play Music or Sound Player. I chose Soundplayer just once.  The song will play. You can pause it.

Hit the SETTINGS KEY on bottom left of you phone on that next to the raised button.

Select SET AS  and chose to save it in the PHONE RINGTONE.

To activate it,

Hit the SETTINGS KEY on bottom left of you phone on that next to the raised button.

Select SETTINGS

Select SOUND

Select DEVICE RINGTONE and it will be in the folder!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Twelve month expiration? If that were true the ringtones that I purchased early on in my ownership of the DROID Eris (sometime between Nov 2009 to June 2010) shouldn't work. Yet those tones do work and I have transferred them from the Eris to the Thunderbolt to the Nexus which I am using today.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm assuming the OP confused pricing for ringback tones with those for ringtones.  There is an expiration for ringback tones ... the $1.99 fee is to buy a license to use it for a year.

0 Likes
calif_grl
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Ann154..tried it and it worked! Smiley Happy

0 Likes