S III not connecting to home wi-fi
rmriedel

it was working fine yesterday, but today nothing will load if I am connected to wi-fi. If I go to mobile data the web works fine.

My laptop is on my home network and having zero issues. I have reset the modem. Restarted the phone. Disabled and re-enabled wi-fi on the phone. Removed my network and then scanned for it again. Started in safe mode with no change in the issue. Nothing seems to be fixing the issue. Is there something obvious I've missed or do I need to head for the store and tech support?

thanks for any suggestions

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: S III not connecting to home wi-fi
Not applicable

My first thought is to try and see if you can connect to wifi some place other than home. Try at a friends house or a wifi hotspot like Starbucks or McDonalds if you can then the issue is at home.

Second question "Did you just apply an update to your S3" ?

If so there are posts here with different problems after the update. That may be your issue.

Even though you said you did the following lets do it again.

Turn off Modem, Router and Phone. Wait about 5 minutes and then turn on the modem first let it completely boot up.

Then turn your router on and let it boot up completely. Then turn your cell phone back on then under wifi let it search for your home network (if you did not yet remove the network from your device do it before searching for your home network) then when found enter your network passcode to connect if you still cannot connect then I would go to a Verizon corporate store.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ziegler

I am having the same issue, have you found anything that worked yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ziegler,

Wi-Fi is an absolute savior for me so we need to find a fix for you ASAP. First, how long have you been having this issue? Which software are you running on your phone (verify by going to settings > about phone > update)? Do you receive an error when hooking up to Wi-Fi? And finally, what kind of troubleshooting steps have you taken on? We've got you covered!

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes