S10+ constant beeps based on ringtone, no known cause
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

On my S10+, Android 11, my phone is constantly beeping.  I have spent many hours eliminating most audio notifications to no effect.  Now I've tried turning volume down on notifications, no effect.  Also media, same.  Finally, turning ringtones volume OFF and the phone is quiet.  Now it's my understanding that ringtones only sound off if someone is calling me - and I receive few calls.

So, what could be causing my phone to constantly, randomly beep via ringtones?  Only clue is that if my put my phone on a wireless charge it beeps.  But not with ringtone volume at zero.

Anyone have any idea of the cause and a fix?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S10+ constant beeps based on ringtone, no known cause
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that your device works the way you need it to. If the device is put in silent mode, does it still make a noise? *Peter

0 Likes
pbug561
Contributor - Level 1

Not sure.  The only things I now know for sure;

1. If I turn RINGTONE volume all the way down, it stops.

2. If I place the phone on a wireless charger, it makes about 20 beeps inside of several seconds.

3. If I check Notification history, in most instances there was no notification for at least a few minutes that could account for the beeps.  

4. My wife's S10+ does not have this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing us with the additional clarification. Have you had a chance to attempt to reset the settings on the phone? Just to make sure, I am not stating to factory reset the phone at this time. I am just asking if you had a chance to preform a standard settings reset found here: https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-223003/

Please review the information before attempting this step. The next step if this does not work, is to put the phone into Safe Mode. If the beeps stop in safe mode. This would mean that a third party app is causing them. *Gert

0 Likes