S10 lock screen app notification issue with update 4
Duffman77

Ever since i got update 4 on my s10, when i get a notification on my lock screen (txt msg, email, fb message...etc), normally i tap it once and then unlock my phone (just a swipe, i don't have a pin) and my phone would open right to that txt msg or email directly.  

Now when i tap the notification, it brings up the white screen (showing the top 6 icons-- wifi, airplane mode, location...etc).  If i try to swipe and unlock, it just takes me back to the lock screen.  I have to either click on the notification a second time from this screen, or just not tap the notification, and unlock and manually go to the app that's alerting me.

Anyone else have this issue with update 4?

Colin

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S10 lock screen app notification issue with update 4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duffman, we want to ensure you can access apps from your lock screen normally. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. In review of the S10 device, I'm not showing that the behavior of accessing app notifications from your lock screen have changed with the latest update. It is possible that something didn't go through properly during your update that may have changed this behavior on your device. You may want to restart the device in Safe Mode to see if the behavior is the same while in that mode. You can do so via the steps shown here:  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-223011/. If the behavior is still present, then a factory reset of your device may be necessary in order to return that function back to your device per normal. If you are not using the Verizon Cloud service to backup your phone, you may choose to do so via your Google account under Settings>Accounts and backup>Backup and restore (both should be enabled and you'll want to confirm a recent backup has occurred before the reset). You'll also want to back up your photos separately via the Google Photos app as shown here:  https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/how-to-backup-your-photos-or-videos-in-google-phot....

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Belindab24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am unable to get my phone to go into safe mode.  I was installing and update, it stopped at about 38% and went to a blue green screen and it says Downloading...Do Not Turn Off Target. At the bottom it says “Volume Down Key + Power Key for more than 7 secs Cancel (restart phone).

I do that, and it acts like its going to restart, then it goes right back to the blue green screen that says “Downloading...etc.

Its locked on that screen.  I cant turn it off, I cant restart, its just frozen.

0 Likes
Belindab24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m kind of fudging out, because of COVID19 Verizon technical support is not responding. I don’t have a home phone, just my cell and I cant even call 911 if I have to.  Please help.  I appreciate what anyone can do.  Thank you

0 Likes
Belindab24
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m stuck on the download screen and the 2 button process doesn’t work (down volume and power button). Any other way to get out of the teal screen/download screen?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried updating the software on the device? EstevanC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your time and patience, we want to get this issue resolved. We sent you a Private Note.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

downloading a big update can have issues if using the network.....best to update over wi-fi.

0 Likes